Upcoming Book Events
August 25 at 10AM EST and 4PM CET - virtual event
- Jennifer Rosner and I will be talking with the bookclub Bookbonders at Temple Beth Tikvah, in Roswell, Georgia
- I'll have more information on how to join the event as we get closer to the date
October 5 at 6:30 to 7:30 PM in Houston, Texas (live in-person event)
- Join us for a discussion at the Holocaust Museum Houton
- Followed by a book signing
- Link to register will follow
October 24 at 10:30 (live in-person event)
- Washington Hebrew Congregation
- More details to follow
November 1st, at 12PM (New York) and 19h (France) - via Zoom
- Commonpoint Queens of Forest Hill NY book talk
- Link to register to follow
November 3 at 10AM (Toronto) and 16h (France) - virtual event
- Book talk with Richmond Hill Public Library for Holocaust Education week
- Link to register will follow
November 20 at 13h30 to 14h45 (Live in-person event)
- I will be participating in a conference at the National WWII Museum in New Orleans
- The conference talk I will be joining is titled "Out of the Shadows: Women Heroes of WWII"
- I will add more information soon-- but super excited to finally see New Orleans and this important museum!
March 10, 2022
- A book talk with multiple sites
- Ft Lauderdale JCC, Miami JCC, Miami Beach JCC, Boca JCC, NMB JCC
- More information to follow!
PAST EVENT from May 23
- I had a wonderful book talk with Jennifer Rosner, author of The Yellow Bird Sings.
We talked about our books and the process of research and writing.
- Presented by the JCC of Syracuse in partnership with the Mandel JCC and the Golden Bee Bookshop.
- The talk was part of the Mandel JCC online Bookfestival
PAST EVENT from May 5th
- In case you missed the talk with Time Brady at Shakespeare and Co. NY we have a zoom recording.
- here's the Link
- and here's the Access Passcode: azUH7Cc&
PAST EVENT from April 6
- Virtual Event on History Author Talks with Tim Brady, author of THREE ORDINARY GIRLS: The Remarkable Story of Three Dutch Teenagers Who Became Spies, Saboteurs, Nazi Assassins and WWII Heroes, and with Alex Kershaw, author of Avenue of Spies: A True Story of Terror, Espionage, and One American Family's Heroic Resistance in Nazi-Occupied Paris
- If you missed the event here's the link to watch
My talk at American Univeristy of Paris, September 2019
Here's the link to the talk I gave at the American University of Paris in 2019, while I was still writing The Nine.
Vermont Studio Center January 2020
The view from my perfect writing studio at the Vermont Studio Center where I was so lucky to get a month-long fellowship to work on The Nine. I could not have done it without this time and space. Endless gratitude!
Publishing contract with St. Martin's Press
Excited to report that my newest project, The Nine, A True Story of Nine Daring Women and Their Escape from The Third Reich, is now under contract with St. Martins and I will be working with a wonderful editor there, Elisabeth Dyssegaard.
I'm very proud that my essay was published in Catapult. Now I can stop obsessively re-writing it and get on with other projects!
I visited the Garrison Performing Arts School in Savannah and read The Hiding Game to 80 fifth graders. We played Cadavre Esquise together and talked about what it takes to write a book.
We had a wonderful book lunch in Savannah. I enjoyed seeing old friends and sharing the Hiding Game with others. We set up a table for people to make a collective collage as the artists did at the Villa Air-Bel.
My most recent publications include a novel excerpt titled "The Reef" in the Catamaran Literary Reader, two short short stories titled, "Ice" and "Take the Spaceship" in Two Bridges Literary Arts Journal, and my poem "Reading Kafka's Letters at Sea" in Sou'Wester.
ESOC performed Train of Stones at the Luxembourg Theater Festival this June!
I was so thrilled to see this performance of my poems with music and in a wonderful setting!
Trail of Stones by Gwen Strauss
31 August and 7 September 2013
Outdoor performances at the International Centre for Forestry Arts, Darmstadt